Wow, 2010 was a great year for Abenity! We saw over 170% growth over 2009 and welcomed many notable new clients including U.S. Bank, the Vanderbilt Alumni Association, and Kmart!
I took a moment to catalog some of the major events that happened in 2010 that you may be interested in. Let me know if you remember something that I might have missed!
2010 Program Enhancements
March 3 – For Members: Upgraded program security with enhanced password requirements
March 18 – For Clients: Enhanced client welcome emails and new client sign up process
April 30 – For Clients: Can now update discounts through new My Discount Listings feature within Client Admin
May 8 – For Everyone: Began posting Insider Articles to help you stay connected with Abenity
May 20 – For Members: Exceeded over $4,500 in measurable savings for Abenity members
June 23 – For Members: Client internationalization, members can now participate anywhere in the world
June 28 – For Members: Updated encryption to better protect members’ private information
June 29 – For Members: Pre-loaded Favorite Offers feature with the most popular Abenity vendors
June 30 – For Members: Released “How To” video showing how to use the Mapco Gas discount
July 24 – For Vendors: Released “How To” video to show vendors how to become an Abenity Vendor
July 30 – For Vendors: Released “How To” video to show vendors how to create discount offers in our Vendor Admin
August 27 – For Clients: Launched wall clings for around the office to feature your discount program
August 31 – Fundraising: Launched Abenity Rewards online fundraising platform for non-profits
September 1 – For Clients: Added Member Import Feature (Beta)
September 16 – For Members: Exceeded 100,000 discounts available for Abenity members
October 1 – For Clients: Launched EmployeeDiscountPrograms.org as an educational resource for HR
October 6 – For Clients: Produced product video for organizations who aren’t already using Abenity
November 9 – For Members: New Recommendation: Save Monthly features offers with monthly savings
November 12 – For Members: Added custom coupon code labels to precisely match vendor’s process
November 28 – For Members: Added internationalization allowing you to set your location in Canada
November 28 – For Clients: Added customization allowing clients to remove ANY offer posing a conflict
November 28 – For Members: Developed Abenity Deals, stay current on the best deals around town
2010 New Discounts Added
– Our local reps and partners added over 20,000 new local discounts across 1,000 U.S. counties
– New national contract with Bally’s Total Fitness
– New offers with Chili’s, Macaroni Grill, Maggiano’s, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and Cracker Barrel
– New national contract with ADT offering over $1,000 in savings on a new home security system
– New national contract offering up to 30% off at Office Depot
– New national contract offering 15% off bi-annually at Macy’s
– Launched new pricing offering deeper discounts on movie tickets at AMC and Regal
– New national contract with Hewlett Packard
– New national contract with DishNetwork
– Announced Abenity Groceries with hundreds of printable manufacturer grocery coupons
– New local contract with Mapco offering discounts on drinks and gasoline in Tennessee
– New national contract with Porter Paints
2010 World Aid Efforts
– We are now sponsoring 50 children in Senegal Africa through World Vision…and growing!
– We were able to provide 2 homes for orphaned children, see an example of one in this video.
– We provided roughly 25 small business loans for women, watch how this money is put to use.
– We contributed $8,100 to World Vision’s maximum impact fund supporting the most urgent needs.
– And, a tradition of ours is to equip each Abenity employee with a stack of $5 McDonalds gift cards to give to people they see living in extreme poverty downtown.
December 22, 2010
And… on 12/22/10 at 1:04pm, my daughter Ryleigh Michelle Roland was born, 6 lbs and 14 ounces!